nandhan

"All that I am"

Monday, October 18, 2004

Flying Elephant

His name was Raja. He was the most majestic one, and fit to be their leader. He had a shining white complexion, huge body, long trunk, sharp coiled tusk and a pair of beautiful wings. Yes, wings.
You don’t find flying elephants here, but they exist.
If you cross seven seas and seven mountains you can reach where they live. It is a wonderland. But they are not visible to all eyes, only those people who are good at heart can see them.
One day Raja was flying around their green skies, they have green skies and blue sun in that wonderland. Suddenly he noticed a 10 headed snake called Kalla trying to eat the young lion cub, Ramu.
Raja descended at once and landed near Kalla.
"Leave Ramu" Raja said strongly. For this Kalla laughed and said,
"Raja, this is not your business. I have caught him and I will eat him. Who are you to ask?"
Raja became very angry and said, "Leave him alone or I will beat you blue, pick your heads one by one and throw your body in to the seas".
"Ha ha ha, lets see who is stronger", said Kalla and he jumped on Raja. They both fought for 3 days continously. The earth shook and all trees fell uprooted. Kalla almost got Raja on first day. Raja was bleeding on his trunk, but Raja was good and never gave up. Though Kalla was very big and has 10 heads he couldn’t fight anylonger. Atlast he surrenedered at Raja’s feet.
"Now do you understand. I can sever your head and throw into the seas, but I don’t want to do that. Get away from here. Never shall I see you troubling little helpless creatures again", said Raja.
Kalla said,"Thank you Raja. Thanks for letting me free. I will never come back here" and ran away from there.
All the animals in that wonderland lived happily everafter without the fear of Kalla.

"Now baby go to sleep. Be a good girl. Remember you should never hurt others"
"But I am not getting sleep papa. Please tell me one more story, that dragon story?"
"I have said that several times. See it is already 10, you should sleep now. Tomorrow I will tell you the story of half human- half cat person"
"Good night papa"
I bid my little daughter goodnight and retired to my computer. Oh! I have to fix this program by tomorrow morning. The very thought of fixing 500 line code drives me crazy.
Won't things be better if software was as easy as telling stories to my little daughter.