nandhan

"All that I am"

Thursday, December 16, 2004

3 Books

Long time since I blogged. So, you guys are happy and fine, aren't you?

I thought I will write about the books that I mentioned in my earlier posts.

Jonathan Livingston Seagull - is an excellent book. Hardly 100 pages, but very powerful and kindling. It awakens your spirit to win. Do you dare to be different? Do you often think that we have better things to do in life than simply 'existing' then read this one.
Richard Bach has a gift of knowledge on bird flights. He personifies the desire to 'achieve' as a desire of JLS - a seagull, who dreams of flying higher & faster, much above the limitations of its physical body. Read it once, you will turn to it again and again for want of inspiration.

Robot Dreams - Isaac Asimov needs no introduction for sci-fi lovers. Unlike typical Sci-fi writers who translate present life into a future with gadgets, and get lost into gadgets explanation, Asimov handles plots that are more philosophical. Robot dreams is a collection of his famous short stories. I liked the 'Last question', 'Breeds there is a Man', 'The hostess'. Somehow I find my theory of Massive Algorithm related to Asimov's thinking :) What do you say?

Tuesdays with Morrie - is a best seller by Mitch Albom. A true story of Lifes' greatest lessons. Mitch spends few Tuesdays with his best Prof. Morrie - who is dying slowly due to a terminal illness. Together they explore the purpose of living. The book sees life from two perspectives - One is of Mitch, it shows the 'urge' in our generation to live life fast, the insecurity and little love. Other is of Morrie - a life that has lots of love, slow but complete. It will touch a chord or two in your heart.

Will blog about the Tamil books after sometime. Next blog will be... keep guessing for I myself dont know ;-)