nandhan

"All that I am"

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

What do I write?

When I created this blog, I decided that it will hold my writings only. And not the usual stuff like how did my day go on? what is new with my job? how pretty is the girl in my office?

I wanted it to be exclusive manifestation of my thought process...but now at an introspective level I think I am far less creative (or lazy?) than I imagined to be...So I plan to divulge now and then and write something like this...I will try not to make this a diary :)

Well...I was in chennai for the book fair (how can I miss that?) bought few books.

1.Kalki - placing his works in public domain has brought down the prices. I saw a lot of families
buying Kalki - 5 books for 300 rs is pretty cheap right?
2.Baskar sakthi's Short stories
3.Sujatha's Sci-fi stories
4.SR's JJ silakuripukal
5.Dan Brown's 2 novels
6.RK Naryan's Bachelor of Arts
7.Ramakrishnan's Upapandavam

Surprisingly I meet a lot of literary figures and spent some time with them - Sujatha, Balkumaran, Jayamohan, Kanimozhi...to name a few. It was like bumping onto a celebrity every 10 mins. It actually pulls crowd.

And this time the stalls were better arranged than last time.
Will comment on these books after sometime.

One notable thing I did is to take part in a Sci-fi short story competition at marathadi I am awaiting the results...lets see.